Monday, April 28, 2008

Think Romantical Thoughts

The past couple months have been crazy here.  We have had a lot of visitors: Kathy and Richard, Aaron and Teresa and kids, Karrie, her sister, her sisters boyfriend, her sisters kid, (Karrie's sister's name is Allison.  It is not a state secret or anything.  I have just always referred to her as "Karrie's sister".  Oops.)  My parents, and Brock's parents.  We have also been sick.  All of the kids got pink eye (previous blog) and just recently Ashton got the stomach flu.  

Now, I wont go into details like I have in the past because, really, the stomach flu isn't funny.  Well, not that funny anyway.  But here is an over view.

Ashton got sick on Wednesday morning.  Thankfully we were sitting outside waiting to pick up the girls from pre-school so he didn't get sick in the car, or the pool (which is where we were a few minutes previously).  But he did get sick multiple times throughout the day and while I avoided the nasty the first time I wasn't always so lucky.  By the end of the day I had decided that the world was conspiring against me.  (I frequently think this when things don't go my way.)  Why else would Ashton get sick on the one day of the week that would be hardest for me.  Here are the reasons why that day was the worst.

1) Brock was working late so I was on my one with 2 pre-schoolers who spill their drinks  A LOT and one sick-o baby.  

2)  I had (emphasis on the past tense) planned on going with the kids over to a friends house for dinner.  Not so much once the regurgitating began.

3) I LOVE nap time.  I LIVE FOR nap time.  Angels sing and cherubs dance during nap times.  (It really is quite amazing.)  However, since Ashton was sick he didn't nap.  He was doing other things.  And, because he didn't nap neither did the girls.  This means I had all 3 of my kids for 12+ hours with no help from my husband in sight (see #1)

But, I prevailed.  I didn't let it get me down.  I got through the day with hardly a scratch and put the kids to bed early.  Then I sat.  I was tired so I just sat.  Sitting is good.

Brock came home around 9 and asked about the kids.  I filled him in on my day and then he looked at me and said:

"So, you want to get lucky?"

What!  Are you kidding me?  Do I look like I want to "get lucky"?  Do I smell like I want to "get lucky"?  Have you been listening to my day?  (I thought all this is about a nano-second.  The brain is really an amazing thing.)

What I said was:

"I've been vomited on multiple times today but if you want me..." (I even held my arms out to demonstrate how willing I am.)

Brock gave me a deadpan look and said, "Wow.  You really know how to turn a guy on."

Years of practice my friend.  Years of practice.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am totally laughing right now. Isn't it amazing how DIFFERENT the mind of a man is?

teresa and the boys said...

If I hadn't *JUST* gone pee, I would totally be sending you a cleaning bill for the couch, what with the preggy-issue and the current laughing.

kristin said...

You are HILARIOUS! Dang, I love your sense of humor. Classic romantic moment... (hee hee)

Linsey said...

Holy visitors Batman!?! Your candor here is hysterical. I have such a vivid mental image of this exchange and I am smiling from ear to ear!