Sunday, May 18, 2008

Iron man




We went and saw Iron man yesterday.  I have to say I wasn't expecting much.  I love action but am not a huge Robert Downey Jr. fan.  Plus, I really couldn't see him playing a super hero.  It was a bit of a stretch for me.  But, Brock had heard really good things about it and he had really wanted to see it.  Plus, we were double dating with some friends...

*side note here:  We finally have friends!  After only a year plus we finally have friends to hang out with.  They are a lot of fun and we now consider them our best friends in Phoenix.  Congrats to them.  (In the interest of full disclosure they are our only friends so being at the top of the list is fairly relative.) We enjoy their company so much we think of them often and have to control our desires to spend all our free time with them.  Don't want to scare them away now that we have them......... Do you think it's too early to ask them to move in with us?

Back to my movie review......

Brock and David (one of our new best friends please see above) both wanted to see this so I caved gracefully.  I have to say this was a great movie.  It was really funny and fast paced.  Has Robert Downey Jr. always been so funny?  Maybe I do like him and I have just forgotten - one of the many things to fall into the memory abyss I like to call motherhood.  

Anyway, the special effects were great, the lines were funny, and the bad guys were HUGE and very.............. bad looking - in a good way.  Iron man's trusty side kick Pepper Potts (okay, not side kick so much as assistant with attitude) was so funny I was thinking I would adopt her name in her honor.  Heather Grayson leaves so much to be desired.  But, Pepper Potts has it all. It just flows doesn't it?  Of course, with all my great ideas comes the crushing reality.  What if people begin to describe me as "peppy".  I don't like being called "peppy".  I am not "peppy".  Worse still.  What if they shorten my name and just call me "P.P."?  That is not okay with me.

5 comments:

dana said...

We loved this movie too! Just saw it over the weekend. Funny though, you and I are opposites. I hate action, but love Robert Downey Jr. I guess this was the perfect medly for both of us.
Yes, Pepper Potts should be your alias.

Amy K said...

Tom had to do some serious talking to get me to see this movie. And to be honest, I only agreed because there was NOTHING else. But, I admit that I too found it enjoying--good even.

Camille said...

I loved it too! I've already seen it twice (not actually because I was dying to go back, but because Bryan hadn't seen it yet). But I think I liked it even better the second time. It seemed funnier.

Rachel Rogers said...

I loved this movie, too. I think many kudos has to go to the screenwriters of this film...it kept the pace moving, fast, and fluid. I'm so glad you had good friends to go see it with! There's nothing like a good movie AND adult conversation!!

Rachel Rogers said...

Heather, Have a great trip!
Brock, have a great birthday!