Sunday, March 9, 2008

Field trip to the zoo

In the spirit of my brand-new, blog more frequently, resolution, here are pics of the kids at the zoo.  This was their second ever school field trip.  I didn't post pics of the first.  As Aaron would say, "I fail at life".


Here is a pic of the entire class.  Ellie is on the far left of the picture chewing on her Diego sport cup.  Liv is hiding behind the little red headed boy - you can't see her.  Can my kids pose or what?


Ok, seriously.  What is this?  Cheetah?  Jaguar?  Leopard?  How does one tell?  Apparently a trip to the zoo did not help ME at all.



My girls posing again.  They refuse to put down the cups and Ellie wont look up.  So much for a career in TV.


We went to the Wild Zoo which was really a lot of fun.  As you can see the kids are able to get pretty close to the animals.


Sad when the kangaroo poses better than the children.


This was BY FAR the best part of the zoo.  The lorikeet feeding.  The kids were able to hold a piece of an apple and the birds would fly down and eat it right out of their hands.  It was really neat.  Liv loved it.  Ellie, not so much.






Picture of the class before the train ride.


The girls were enthralled by the tortoise (the large, flat, rock looking thing in the upper left hand corner).   Now, I myself am an animal lover and the tortoise was cool and all but this picture captures all the excitement the tortoise has to offer.  This is it.  I finally had to drag them away.  


This was our next big adventure.  Feeding the giraffes.  The girls would not do it so I had to hold them up while I fed the giraffe.  "You will have fun so help me......"


Is it just me or does this camel look dead?  The girls were quite concerned.

I was thinking of doing this with Ashton's hair.  What do you think?

This white tiger was beautiful.  He was sleeping until all the kids came around.  At which point I am thinking, that he was thinking, "Lunch".


4 comments:

Amy Klindt said...

We LOVE this zoo!! Taryn's favorite part is getting to feed the giraffe--although she always drops the food right at the moment the giraffe sticks out his long black tongue to get it. Poor giraffe!
And by the way--you're already out almost a whole month on your blogging. So much for that goal! (Ha ha!! and I'm sure that you've noticed we blog at the same slow speed!)

Melissa said...

Heather, you are so dang funny! Seriously, you must blog more often. I love reading your stuff!

teresa and the boys said...

And we didn't go here instead because..... why???

My kids are going through some serious cousin with-drawl here. Would you guys hurry up and get here already?

Unknown said...

I would say you fail at life, but Teresa would beat me :)