Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lambie Song

You know........ There are days I just don't want to be a mom anymore. Days that are tough before 7am. I called Brock the other day almost in tears. "You take them. I don't want them anymore. You come home and take them to work."

"Oh." Brock said. "That doesn't sound good. Is it take your children to work day today?" He was trying to be sympathetic but we both knew that they had been so difficult he didn't want them either.

"Yes." I told him. "It is take your children to work but they don't say anything about bringing them back. You keep them there."

Ahhhhh, the joys of motherhood.

And then there are other days. Brock and I just went to Vegas and were able to see Phantom of the Opera. It was great, the hotel was great and we got to sleep in until 6. We were only gone a day but I started to miss my kids. When I got home I gave kisses and hugs and loved them even-though they were still not all that pleasant. What is that saying? Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Whoever said that must have been talking about their 3 year olds.

Anyway, in my musings I remembered this clip and it brought a smile to my face. It is an old video. The girls are only 2-1/2 but they are cute! Click below to see them sing a soulful rendition of Mary Had a Little Lamb (aka. The Lambie song) with gestures.

No comments: